Interview with the Chairman of the Appeals Committee Bolat Asanov
Thursday, 18 December 2008
- What do you think of FIDE Grand Prix series tournaments?
- The idea of arranging such competition is relevant and very appealing. The drawback – a purely technical one – is the time control, in my opinion. I think it is necessary to follow the new standards of the time.
- Are you expecting a great deal of work at this tournament as the Appeal Committee Chairman?
- I would say not, according to the line-up of the players.
- What’s your evaluation of the tournament organization?
- I should mention that all the events hosted by Elista can be
characterized as top-level ones in terms of organization and represent
an excellent example of collaboration between official entities and
NGOs, Chess Federation of the Republic of Kalmykia among them. I would
like to emphasize the fact that only two weeks were at the disposal for
the event organization. Efficient and harmonious Organization Committee
staff under great enthusiast and excellent organizer Valery Bovaev’s guidance works as regular as the clock. In conclusion I would like to
express our gratitude to the Head of the Republic of Kalmykia and FIDE
President Kirsan Ilyumzhinov, because due to his efforts chess
confidently entered the third millennium.